You are cordially invited to the Joint Chamber Business Luncheon with Ilze Vinkele, the Minister for Health of the Republic of Latvia, organized by the British, Irish, Swedish and Swiss Chambers of Commerce on the 5th of June at the Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & SPA Hotel.
Assessing the performance of health systems is useful to properly understand how it works, and therefore to carry out actions to improve it. Performance assessment offers the transparency that is essential for securing accountability for health systems, thereby improving its functioning.
The topic of the Discussion: ‘Way Towards more Efficient and Sustainable Health System in Latvia’’. The discussion will focus on the following topics:
- Access to health care in Latvia – what are the areas that have been improved most significantly and what are the next steps.
- Affordability, accessibility and acceptance of health care services.
- Burning issues and priority fixes from the health care budget perspective.
- Reducing days of incapacity for work
The discussion will be moderated by Daina Dzirkale, External Affairs Director at GlaxoSmithKline Latvia.
12:00 12:50 Registration & Lunch buffet
13:00-14:15 Presentation, Q&A
Ilze Viņķele is a Latvian politician, former Minister for Welfare of Latvia. Currently she is a member of the political party Movement For!.
-Riga Stradins University / Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration, Master’s Degree in Health Management, 2017
– Riga Stradins University, Master’s degree in Public Health, 2009
Luncheon with the Minster is an opportunity for business and community leaders to listen to an update given by the Minister for Health, while enjoying networking and lunch.