”May I Be Excused? Force Majeure Controversies at Home and Abroad”
On the 5th of August, 2020, at the BDO Latvia office, Irish Latvian Chamber of Commerce (ILCC) and BDO Latvia are kindly hosting the first Afternoon Networking and Refreshment Break (AN&RB) after the COVID- 19 lockdown. ILCC events – webinars were temporarily held virtually due to the statewide lockdowns amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the ease of the Latvian government restrictions after a state of emergency and allowance to gather for indoor and outdoor events with conditions we are hosting the AN&RB.
We will be looking at the following topics:
– What is force majeure in Latvia and in the world (is there a permanent defintion we can impose or does Latvia have its own preconditions for the statement of force majeure,
– Significant differences between the insurmountable part and the difficulties in performing the contract;
– What rights are given to the entrepreneur in case of force majeure;
– The problem of contracts and agreements relating to force majeure;
– Is Covide force majeure and when can it be invoked?
Date: August 5, 2020
Venue: BDO office at Kaļķu Street 15
Admission: ILCC members EUR 12.10, non-members EUR 24.20
*Please note that due to the limited capacity of the venue due to the restrictions, the places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis
*The deadline for the registration or cancellation is 12.00 on 4 August 2020.
Chamber reserves the right to charge participants who do not cancel their reservation before the set deadline.